February 16, 2023
This 2-hour virtual learning session, hosted by Project DelAWARE, is for Delaware district and school leaders, and community partners championing multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) with integrated mental health prevention and response efforts. During the session, guest presenters, Susan Barrett and Kimberly Yanek, Ph.D., from the Center for Social Behavioral Support support participants to:
- Learn proven strategies for addressing mental health in schools using MTSS
- Deepen understanding to better leverage existing resources and strengthen effectiveness across systems
- Compare Delaware landscape with national progress
- Share successes, ask questions, and seek clarity to improve mental health outcomes for Delaware students
Additional Session Resources:
- Delaware PBS Project: MH & SEL Page
- Center on PBIS: Mental Health & Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Wellbeing
- Interconnected Systems Framework Fact Sheets
About our Presenters:
Susan Barrett is the Director of the Center for Social Behavior Support at Old Dominion University. She has a Masters in Counseling Psychology and certification in Special Education, having served as a teacher, administrator and coordinator with Old Dominion University.
Learn more here.
Kimberly Yanek, Ph.D, is the Co-Director of the Center for Social Behavior Support at Old Dominion University, an Implementer Partner with the United States Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)’s National Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), and the coordinator of the APBS MA PBIS Network
Learn more here.