Positive Behavior at Home
Learning at Home
- Delaware Mental Health Resources, from The Mental Health Association in Delaware and The Division of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services, provides information on mental health for different age groups, suicide prevention, and resources for seeking help.
- How to Talk to Kids about Difficult Subjects/News
- How to talk to children about difficult news, from the American Psychological Association, gives guidance around planning for and having discussions with children about difficult topics or news events.
- How to talk to kids about difficult subjects, from Common Sense Media, details how to approach difficult subjects with students at different age/developmental levels.
- Supporting Marginalized Students in the Context of the 2020 Election, from the National Association of School Psychology, provides information on trauma, how to spot concerning reactions in children, and tips for creating safe environments for children.
- Books to Share with Kids During Tough Times, from National Public Radio, provides 7 books for initiating discussions about tough conversations with children.
- Helping children unplug during virtual learning, from ABC News, gives resources and information about purposefully creating time for children to unplug and practice social emotional learning outdoors.