Tiered Fidelity Inventory
The purpose of the SWPBIS Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) is to provide a valid, reliable, and efficient measure of the extent to which school personnel are applying the core features of school-wide positive behavioral interventions and supports (SWPBIS). The TFI is divided into three sections (Tier 1: Universal SWPBIS Features; Tier 2: Targeted SWPBIS Features; and, Tier 3: Intensive SWPBIS Features) that can be used separately or in combination to assess the extent to which core features are in place.
- Visit PBISApps.com TFI section for training videos, slide decks, and tips
- Learn more about PBISApps.com PBIS Assessment to use their free, online app for conducting the TFI, entering data, and generating reports
- Reference the Integrated Tiered Fidelity Inventory Companion Guide for an action planning tool to use alongside the validated TFI for tips on how incorporate cultural responsiveness and mental health and wellness into your assessment
- Download DE-PBS/Project DelAWARE developed tools to support implementation of the TFI:
- TFI Tier 1 Scoring/Action Planning Sheet (Format 1)
- Tier 1 TFI Action Planning Guide (Format 2)
- Tier 1 TFI Implementation Planning Outline for Coaches (facilitated with TFI Coordinator and District Coach)
- Tier 1 TFI Planning Outline for Coaches (facilitated by District Coach)
- Tier 2 TFI Planning Outline
- TFI 3.0 COMING SOON!
- The revised TFI 3.0 will prioritize content related to the integration of mental health supports, equity, and classroom implementation and better align with current guidance and training content available through the national Center on PBIS.
Key Feature Evaluation
The Key Feature Evaluation (KFE) is a tool used to provide feedback to schools based on their school-wide PBS program and implementation. Four specific sections are evaluated: School-wide PBS Tier 1, Prevention: Implementing School-wide & Classroom Systems, Correcting Problem Behavior, and Developing Self-Discipline.
|How to Use This Resource
|DE-PBS Key Feature Evaluation Summary
|This document provides an overview of the KFE structure, including the process steps and specific feedback to be given
|Teams can use this document to review and prepare for the evaluation process
|Key Feature Status Tracker
|This checklist outlines the major components for each KFE section and allows teams to indicate the extent to which the component is in place
|Teams can use the status tracker to determine which aspects of schoolwide PBS are in place, partially in place, or not in place and action plan accordingly. Some teams choose to utilize this tool prior to receiving a Key Feature Evaluation.
|Key Feature Status Tracker Template 1 Year
|Like the status tracker document, this tool provides a checklist for the major components of each KFE section and also includes a graph to map scores for up to TWO years
|Teams can use this tool to track progress of implementation of KFE components from year-to year.
|Key Feature Status Tracker Template 2 Year
|This tool provides a checklist for the major components of each KFE section and includes a graph to map scores for up to FOUR years
|Teams can use this tool to track progress of implementation of KFE components over multiple years, and determine if progress has been made.