- Behavioral Consultation with Families Webinar
- Educators can use this webinar, from guest presenter Dr. Rose Iovannone, to gain information about universal parenting practices including ways to implement and individualize these for families. Along with the presentation are additional resources and information related to Prevent Teach Reinforce (PTR) and positive parenting approaches.
Forms and Tools:
- Supporting Families with PBIS at Home Practice Brief (from PBIS.org) in English and Spanish
- Educators can use this brief to support families and caregivers in discovering how to use PBIS to develop their children’s social and emotional growth and minimize behavioral disruptions at home. Practices including setting routines, setting at-home expectations, creating an at-home behavior matrix, teaching, reminding and rewarding behaviors, and promoting emotional wellness are outlined.
- Tools for Educators to Listen to and Learn from Families During COVID-19 School Closures
- Educators can use this guidance to reach out to families and learn how to be supportive of them during the COVID-19 pandemic, which has resulted in a widespread need for distance learning, stress for families and students, and barriers to relationship building. Along with guidance, NYU provides a tool for post-conversation reflection and action and a sample survey for families to complete.
- Supporting Marginalized Students in the Context of the 2020 Election: Tips for Educators
- Educators can use this guidance to help support students who are feeling targeted or unsafe in the wake of the 202 election.
- Caring for Students in the Wake of a Traumatic News Event
- This article provides guidance and tips for facilitating discussions and helpings students process after a traumatic news event.
- Refocus on the SEL Roadmap: Actions for a Successful Second Semester
- Educators can use this guide to ensure that Social Emotional Learning remains a priority when returning to school, in whatever form, in 2021.