Technical Manual for School Climate Surveys
When citing the technical manual, please use the following citation:
Bear, G., Yang, C., Harris, A., Mantz, L., Hearn, S., & Boyer, D. (2019). Technical Manual for the Delaware School Survey: Scales of School Climate; Bullying Victimization; Student Engagement; Positive, Punitive, and Social Emotional Learning Techniques; and Social and Emotional Competencies. Newark, DE: Center for Disabilities Studies.
Fast facts about using the Delaware School Surveys:
- The surveys are available for use and are free, but please reference the tool whenever it is used.
- Please contact George Bear (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Hearn (email@example.com) with requests to use the surveys.
- There are 3 versions of the Delaware School Surveys: Student, Teacher/Staff, and Home. Upon request, we can share survey documents and subscale summaries that organize the items by subscale.
- In Delaware, we offer the surveys via Scantron form or online using Qualtrics survey software. The staff surveys are only offered online.
- The surveys can be shared through Qualtrics, where users can view, copy, and distribute the survey through the Qualtrics software.