Building Strong Team-Based Leadership
This professional learning module was developed by the DE-PBS Project through the Delaware Department of Education and the Social, Emotional, Behavioral Wellbeing Plan to support schools and districts to build or strengthen solid teaming foundations. The module is intended for both academic and non-academic teams and committees to view collaboratively. Viewers will learn about strategies for effective teaming and will be led through a series of team-based reflections and opportunities for implementation action-planning in order to increase best practices and ultimately lead to stronger systems and successful outcomes.
Interested in credit for participating in this webinar? Sign up for PDMS Course #30542 in Schoology. If you do not need PDMS credit, feel free to just use the resources on this page.
Questions? Reach out to DE-PBS Project Coach, Brynn Fallah, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Professional Learning Video
- Presentation Slides
- Building Strong Team-Based Leadership Module: Team Time Companion Guide
- Coaching Teams Tools – This website includes worksheets, checklists, and other documents to augment and enhance the material available in Elena Aguilar’s book, Art of Coaching Teams.
- Center on PBIS – This is the main website for the national Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports.
- Center on MTSS website – Information and resources from the Center of Multi-Tiered System of Supports at the American Institutes for Research.
- School-wide PBIS Tiered Fidelity Inventory – The full SWPBIS TFI document is available on this website. The purpose of the SWPBIS Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) is to provide a valid, reliable, and efficient measure of the extent to which school personnel are applying the core features of school-wide positive behavioral interventions and supports (SWPBIS).
- Related Presentations
- The Team Initiated Problem Solving (TIPS II) training manual [PowerPoint Slides] – The presentation explains what TIPS is, why using TIPS is worth paying attention to, and how to use TIPS.
- Teaming slides: Mid-Atlantic PD
- Team Implemented Problem Solving (TIPS) [PowerPoint Slides] – This presentation by Rob Horner defines the competencies of teams that are effective at problem solving, meeting foundations of effective teams, initial steps of effective problem solving, and the type and format of data needed for effective problem solving.
- Project DelAWARE & Interconnected Systems Framework (ISF): Day 1 [PowerPoint Slides] – Discusses the Interconnected Systems Framework and how districts and schools can utilize teaming structures and communication loops.
- Articles and Books
- Integrated multi-tiered systems of support: Blending RTI and PBIS – Book by Kent McIntosh and Steve Goodman on how to integrate RTI and PBIS into a single MTSS.
- A descriptive study of school-based problem-solving – This article reports on the type of problems and solutions that school teams reported during a randomized wait-list controlled trial of one problem-solving approach (Team Initiated Problem Solving [TIPS]). It discusses types of problems the teams identified, the precision with which problems were identified (what behavior, who, where, when, why), the features of solutions that were developed, the extent to which solutions were perceived as being implemented, and the extent to which solutions were perceived as resulting in improved student outcomes.
Continued Learning Opportunities
Delaware Multi-Tiered System of Support (DE-MTSS)
- Delaware 508 Multi-Tiered System of Support Regulations
- Implementation Tools for DE-MTSS
- DE-MTSS Professional Learning
- Delaware Multi-Tiered System of Support School Needs Inventory Rubric
- DE-MTSS essential component: Team-based leadership infographic