October 21, 2021 Cadre Meeting
DE-PBS 20-21 Phase Recognition Celebrations
DDOE Indicator 4 – Significant Discrepancy & Equity Resource Updates
- DE-PBS Project Equity Mission & What Educators Can Do resources
- 2021 DE Equity Summit – Equity Matters: Addressing Discipline presented by Dr. Kent McIntosh
- PBIS CULTURAL RESPONSIVENESS FIELD GUIDE: Resources for Trainers and Coaches
- Personal Matrix module & related materials
- This DE-PBS mini-learning module (15 mins total) walks viewers through a brief introduction of the PBIS Cultural Responsiveness Field Guide and the role of promoting situational appropriateness in a multi-tiered system of support (MTSS). The module then presents key concepts and tools found in the field guide that can help the viewer to better promote staff and student understanding and conversations regarding situational appropriateness and, more specifically, student background experiences in relationship to school-wide (SW) expectations.
Social Emotional Behavioral Wellbeing (SEBW) Plan & Resources
- SEBW Plan – Delaware state-level strategy for supporting social, emotional and behavioral wellbeing in districts and charter schools.
- SEBW Newsletter – Monthly newsletter to include information, updates and resources. See Current Issue – October 2021
Project-based Professional Learning
Data Resource Updates
Check this Out! U.S. Department of Education Releases New Resource on Supporting Child and Student Social, Emotional, Behavioral and Mental Health during COVID-19 Era:the U.S. Department of Education released a new resource: Supporting Child and Student Social, Emotional, Behavioral and Mental Health to provide information and resources to enhance the promotion of mental health and the social and emotional well-being among children and students. This resource highlights seven key challenges to providing school- or program-based mental health support across early childhood, K–12 schools, and higher education settings, and presents seven corresponding recommendations. This resource includes many real-world examples of how the recommendations are being put into action by schools, communities, and states across the country. READ FULL PRESS RELEASE HERE: U.S. Department of Education Releases New Resource on Supporting Child and Student Social, Emotional, Behavioral and Mental Health during COVID-19 Era | U.S. Department of Education
December 16, 2021 Cadre Meeting
- Guidance for MTSS-SEB District Coaches 21-22 SY: This document outlines ongoing coaching goals around data, systems and practices to reach desired outcomes. Guidelines for activities per season throughout the year are included along with embedded tools and resources. We encourage coaches to take and apply to their specific role and context.
- Enhancing Family School Collaboration with Diverse Families: This brief is designed to help inform school leaders about how intentional collaboration with diverse families can be created through environments in which educators work alongside families on behalf of the students they serve. Recommendations for action are included.
- DE-MTSS Modules (PDMS Course #30130 Section 57818)
- Discussing Race, Racism, and Important Current Events with Students: A Guide with Lesson Plans and Resources: This guide is intended to increase the frequency and quality of conversations about race, racism, and current events regarding race in K-12 classrooms to support students and provide voice and self-reflection. It includes recommendations and tips for creating statements of support, preparing for and facilitating constructive classroom discussions, addressing harmful statements, and designing lesson plans and units for ongoing learning
February 17, 2022 Cadre Meeting
Guidance for MTSS-SEB District Coaches 21-22 SY: This document outlines ongoing coaching goals around data, systems and practices to reach desired outcomes. Guidelines for activities per season throughout the year are included along with embedded tools and resources. We encourage coaches to take and apply to their specific role and context.
- DE-PBS Phase Recognition
- DE School Climate Survey
- Template – Districtwide Surveying Activities
- Tiered Fidelity Inventory & Integrated TFI Companion Guide
- Equity in Schools and Discipline Data: Resources for Guiding Your Planning and Actions to Promote Equity
- DE-PBS Equity in Education Page
- What Educators Can Do Page
- PBIS Cultural Responsiveness Field Guide: Resources for Trainers and Coaches
- Key Elements of Policies to Address Discipline Disproportionality: A Guide for District and School Teams
Professional Learning and Resources
April 14, 2022 Cadre Meeting
2022 Phase Recognition
Data Updates & Reminders
- Discipline Data Reporting Tool (DDRT)
- DE School Climate Survey – General info & Administration Support
- Key Feature Status Tracker
- Tiered Fidelity Inventory – Tiers 1, 2, 3
School Year Reflections & Summer Planning for Coaching
- Returning to School During and After a Crisis: Center on PBIS resource to support reflection/planning process. Guidance for District Leadership Teams (pages 19-26)
- MTSS-SEB District Coaching Reflection Worksheet (2021-2022): Resource to guide reflection on coaching accomplishments and prompt brainstorming and goal setting.
- Identifying Professional Learning for Staff: A Tool for Administrators, Coaches, and Others Who Are Selecting and Planning PL for Educators
- Northeast PBIS Leadership Forum – May 12, 2022 in Mystic, CT
- Coach Networking – May 19th – Moving to a Culture of Coaching as Part of our Way of Work
- Coming soon! New virtual modules focused on Universal SEB Screening & Building Strong Team-Based Leadership